Certified Wellness Nail Technician (CWNTTM)
Published June 2021.
CWNT … written by nail technicians for nail technicians who wish to step to a higher level in their careers.
All CWNT material is vetted by licensed podiatrists, board-certified foot surgeons and foot care nurses.
This advanced career development course covers many topics that will support your success as an elite professional nail technician. The information trains you to work safely not only with your routine clients, but also those who are elderly or chronically ill.
The purpose of this course is NOT to teach you how to practice medicine, but to give you the background and vocabulary to work successfully with physicians in a referral relationship or to work inside a foot care medical facility as a cosmetology-licensed pedicurist.
The CWNT course is 10 modules, with module learning activities and a comprehensive exam of 100 questions.
Topics discussed are:
- Discussion of the rationale of adding “Wellness” in your foot care.
- Review of important structures of the feet and lower limbs and their impact on wellness.
- Discussion of commonly seen conditions, diseases and disorders of the feet and nails and introduction to their medical treatments for understanding the impact upon cosmetology foot care.
- Discussion of “Routine Foot Care” or RFC as defined by Medicare and the overlapping scope for nail technicians.
- An introduction to wound healing and wound care practices to better perform safe cosmetic foot care.
- New information on setting up successful business models in foot care – both in salons and in adding cosmetic foot care in podiatry practices.
- Creating community-wide awareness of the FNT or CWNT and their skill in providing safe, healthy care of the feet (and hands).
- Resource materials and links that will give you a leg up on being more than an “ordinary” nail tech…but an extraordinary one!
***The ANT Certification is prerequisite to taking this course. You must have completed your ANT Certification to enroll.
Submit your review
I am so excited to see this course! These are topics I've been interest in forever! Thank you Nailcare Academy for listening to the students and giving us more!
You're most welcome, Denise...we are very proud of this new focus in foot care!